We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
We are looking for a range of new team members to join our Subsurface division.
We are seeking diversity in background and experience, and need subsurface specialists, as well as generalists within oil and gas.
If you would like to identify business opportunities, mature field developments, collaborate in well planning teams, and optimize value from our assets this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Equinor has an attractive project portfolio and a broad set of opportunities, yet not all of the solutions. We need new perspectives and innovative minds to succeed with the ongoing transformation within oil and gas, low carbon, and digitalization.
If you would like to help shape the future of energy, Equinor is the place to be.
As an Operations Geologist you will play a key role throughout the well delivery process: integrating knowledge of well objectives and value drivers with downhole and operational understanding; contributing to risk-based decision-making during planning and operations.
Your key tasks in planning and operations will include:
* Pore pressure and wellbore stability.
* Geohazards assessment and overburden evaluations.
* Geological prognosis.
* Data acquisition, including coring.
* Downhole understanding and risk assesment.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture.
For this position, we are also looking for:
* Significant work experience with subsurface and operations.
* Data science/analytical skills – beneficial.
* Ability to work independently, with strong collaboration and communication skills.
* Open-mindedness, with a strong drive to embrace the potential of new digital technologies.
* Relevant Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s with extensive experience.
* Fluent English – spoken and written.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
*Why join us?*
At Equinor, we care about each other as much as our business. That’s why we offer:
– Not just a job; a career. In Equinor, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
– Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
– Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That’s why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
– An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
For more information visit Equinor’s website:
Job Type: Full-time
Reference ID: 22052